Windsurfing Performance Clinics are designed to cover techniques that will make sailing today’s widestyle boards, Hybrid boards and shortboards a lot less work and a lot more fun. Advanced techniques require strong fundamentals. The clinics focus on those fundamentals necessary to master a wide variety of skills. From foot stance and harness technique to carve jibes and getting in the footstraps, the Performance Clinics teach proper technique so all the “forces” begin to work for, not against the sailor and enable her to sail longer, faster and with less effort. Performance Clinics dates throughout the year – so escape the cold and come Windsurf in Florida!
“This clinic exceeded my expectations! I didn’t know how much I didn’t know.”
A low student/teacher ratio and limited enrollment ensure your progress. All clinics utilize advanced simulators, on the water coaching and state of the art equipment. All Clinics include equipment. Performance I and II are limited to 14 participants. Our Weekend Getaway Performance Clinics are limited to 10 participants.
Beginner clinics are limited to 8 participants. All clinics require advance registration.
Our most popular clinic, many people take it more than once. This clinic emphasizes balance, foot stance, weight transfer, harness technique, introduction to waterstarting, tacking and jibing. You should take Performance I if you find yourself in the descriptions below:
- Need fundamentals.
- Need to learn harness technique.
- Want to improve your tacks and jibes.
- Can’t seem to get in the back strap.
- Spin out a lot when in the footstraps.
- Need a lot of wind to get in the footstraps.
- Board bounces a lot when planing.
- “I am a big sailor and need a lot of wind to plane”.
- “I have to walk upwind with my board”.
- “My parrot says I need lessons”!
- “I have a hard time clearing the sail to waterstart”.
- “I can not use a big sail because . . . “
- If you want to have a lot of fun and learn an unbelievable amount in a short time.
Performance II Windsurfing Clinics work on more advanced skills with emphasis on fine tuning, board handling for planing conditions, planing jibes and speed. You should take Performance II if you:
- Need fine tuning while in the footstraps.
- Want to sail upwind more efficiently.
- Want to try the new formula boards.
- Feel like you get spray on your ankles when in the footstraps.
- Want to maintain speed through the carve jibe instead of stopping.
- Want to sail faster.
- Want to do planing tacks.
- Want to fine tune your board and rig for fast and smooth sailing.
- Want to eliminate years off the trial and error method.
These new two days clinics are designed to give the Performance clinic experience with less impact on the traditional work week. They will still cover the fundamentals taught in Performance I, but will zero in on the specific needs of the clinic participants.
Now you can fly in on a Friday morning – get on the water in the afternoon, have the clinic on Saturday and Sunday and get back in time to make it to work on Monday!
Beginner Windsurfing Clinics
Unlimited Equipment Use, and all Basic Instruction. This clinic is designed for the non-sailor who wants to join the fun. No experience necessary. We will go through all the basics with on-land simulators, lightweight equipment and step by step technique. Participants will be sailing on their own the first day, but each day will add a new skill. A great way to start a life time of fun. The 3 day Beginner Windsurfing Clinics are taught on the same dates as the Perf. I/II clinics.
We also offer a 2 day Beginner Windsurfing Clinic on the Weekend Getaway dates. This clinic is designed for those that need to squeeze their windsurfing time into a quick weekend Escape!
Stand-Up Paddle Instruction
Experience the newest watersport of Stand-Up Paddling – great for balance, toning, relaxation and cardio training. Enjoy SUP on flat water or venture into the waves – Calema offers instruction at all levels.